- Home Care
- Apply Now
- About Us
Caregiver Screening Requirements
Rigorous screening and training is required for Every BrightStar Caregiver
At BrightStar Care of North York, we believe in giving peace of mind to our clients by offering the highest quality caregivers available. Each employee we provide must maintain the core values that our company upholds. These values include compassion, integrity, family, excellence, trustworthiness, accountability, and diversity.
We know that finding a compassionate, dedicated and qualified care professional when you need one can be a difficult process for individuals, families and healthcare providers. At BrightStar, we understand the challenges that you face. That’s why we are committed to rigorous recruitment and screening standards as well as high quality home care practices.
Our Caregiver Requirements
We conduct the following screening processes and practices for every employee to ensure you are getting the utmost in quality, skill and professionalism every time:
- In-depth interview to determine skills and experience
- Criminal background check
- License/certificate verification in accordance with provincial laws and requirements
- Continual license status monitoring throughout employee tenure
- Reference checks via phone or mail
- Health screenings as required by law
- Bloodborne pathogens training as stated by OHSA guidelines
- Current CPR certification
Once screened and approved for hire, each BrightStar employee undergoes:
- Competency verification by a Registered Nurse (RN)
- RN supervisory visits for personal care and skilled service cases at 60-day intervals
- In-office orientation prior to placement
- Employee performance reviews within the first 90 days and then twice per year after that
Ongoing Caregiver Monitoring and Education
BrightStar Care also encourages all of our employees to undergo continuing education.
Our recruiters seek out top talent in every market we serve. We then complete stringent screening, background checks and face-to-face interviews with each candidate to ensure their qualifications and competencies are in line with our clients’ needs. But our dedication to getting the right people doesn’t end there. A BrightStar representative follows up with each placement to make sure it’s a good fit for your organization, because it’s our goal to make your life easier.
If you have any questions about our caregiver requirements and screening process, please contact us today at (647) 793-7007 and we’ll be happy to answer them.